Flutter seasonal fruit app example App
This app is a practical and easy to use tool showing you which kinds of fruit, vegetables, salads etc. are in season right now.
Foods that are produced regionally are often times cheaper, tastier and better for the environment due to a shorter and more convenient transport.
While currently available only in German and for Germany/Austria/Switzerland, I plan to extend the languages and regions offered.
There certainly are similar apps out there, especially within the German-speaking community. However, this app:
- Boasts the biggest collection of foods,
- Lets you pick and view your favorites,
- Consists of open source code,
- Can be run on a variety of android devices, and
- Looks and feels better than most competitor apps (my personal opinion).
Especially the open-source aspect is a main motivating factor for me to further develop this app.
- From here: check out the "Releases" tab of this repo for a freash APK.
- From Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flunzmas.seasoncalendar
- From F-Droid: coming soon!
Additional info can be fetched from my website: https://flunzmas.com/seasonal-foods-calendar
The database file
assets/db/foods.db contains all food information and their respective sources. You can open the file e.g. with the official SQLite DB Browser.
Please note that the data concerning foods' availability partly stems from and thus is not subject to the GPL license. I kindly ask you to contact me before re-using the availability data (columns starting with 'av' from the file
Building it Yourself
- Clone the repo
flutter pub get
flutter build apk --debugor
flutter build apk --release
You need an own key to sign release versions of this app.
Helpful info: https://flutter.dev/docs/deployment/androidCheck it on GitHub